Tuesday, May 29, 2012

From Infant to Toddler and a Wish List

Time flies so fast. In a little over a month Luis will turn one.
It's amazing how much a baby grows and learns in the first year.

Luis now cruises in his crib (a second one after he broke the first by jumping so hard) and learning to stand up on his own. 
He loves being read to and already shows his preference for some books over others.
He is fascinated by Colgate commercials and those MTRCB warnings before TV shows start.
He has a crush on KC Concepcion and that baby girl at the start of the Brainy Baby DVDs.
He smiles when I sing "Favorite Things" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to him.
He does the "close-open" trick his dad taught him when he's bored and holds my wrist when I do it like his dad holds his.
He gets angry when I turn off his Brainy Baby DVD or when I stop reading a book he likes to hear again and again and again.


As he grows, I take note of toys, books and other stuff that could be great for him. I'm posting it here so I won't forget and for my mommy friends to comment if its a good idea or not:


Lego Duplo

I love Lego. Its great that they made a set for toddlers as young as 18 months. I might end up playing with this as much as Luis.


More Karen Katz books



Luis loves "What Does Baby Say". These books are not easy to find here. I got one from Booksale. I hope Booksale stocks up. These books are great because they have big letters, wonderful illustration and Luis loves the lift-the-flap pages.

Baby Musical Instruments

His favorite in the Brainy Baby series is Music. It would be awesome if he grows up and decides he wants to learn to play a musical instrument, but even if he won't, banging on these would be great fun for babies, I think.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment